[linux-dvb] dvb_ca_en50221.c,h - a hook needed

Manu Abraham abraham.manu at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 18:31:36 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 8/2/07, Akiva Sadovski <akivas at scopus.net> wrote:
> thanks ...
>
>    what I need to do is to:
> 1) reset the CHIP (not the CAM slots) via CIMax Control @0x1fh :7 RESET
> 2) set the CIMaX TS Configuration @0x20h bits : Serial Input, Input TS Clock Edge select, Output TS Clock Edge select,
>     set the CIMax Synchronization register @0x21, Power Control register  @18h

This you can do in your initialization function. The initialization
function can be called on loading the module.

> I need to agree with you that to do these CIMax initializations in open() is not the best solution.
> So where is the right place to do it ?

budget-ci has an implementation for dvb_ca_en50221
http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/file/8f9147c3bacd/linux/drivers/media/dvb/ttpci/budget-ci.c
(static int ciintf_slot_reset(struct dvb_ca_en50221 *ca, int slot))

Have a look, whether you can achieve some similar functionality.

Regards,
Manu