[linux-dvb] Suspend/resume for Mantis 2033 driver

Marko Ristola marko.ristola at kolumbus.fi
Sat Aug 4 08:02:04 CEST 2007

Hi Manu and all

I have done small improvements into Mantis drivers:
I have fixed the insmod/rmmod problem and I have implemented
suspend/resume for cu1216.
It does in mantis_dvb.c "power off"/ "power on" if no application
uses the frontend.

So with my suspend/resume and with non-USB sound output,
I am able to suspend to disk and back so that Kaffeine will
continue displaying the TV channel.
I use now 2.6.22.1-41.fc7 kernel.

cu1216 needed only small changes with the current version.
Most changes went into dvb/mantis directory.
resume uses fe->opt.init for cu1216, so it must do something.
resume uses fe->opt.set_frontend(fe,NULL) currently, meaning
"please set the previous tuning values".

I need to collect the patches and clean them up before sending them for you.

Regards, Marko Ristola