[linux-dvb] WinTV Nova-T PCI 500 new issues

Chris Murton chris.linuxtv at fruble.co.uk
Mon Aug 6 20:25:57 CEST 2007

Hi Trent,

Trent Piepho wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Aug 2007, Chris Murton wrote:
>> The aerial configuration has not changed, I have line of sight to the
>> transmitter in question and dmesg looks reasonably healthy:
>>
>> dib0700: loaded with support for 5 different device-types
>> usb 3-3: reset full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 2
>> dvb-usb: found a 'Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T' in warm state.
>> dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software
>> demuxer.
>> DVB: registering new adapter (Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T)
>> DVB: registering frontend 0 (DiBcom 3000MC/P)...
>> DVB: Unable to find symbol mt2060_attach()
>> dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software
>> demuxer.
>> DVB: registering new adapter (Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T)
>> DVB: registering frontend 1 (DiBcom 3000MC/P)...
>> DVB: Unable to find symbol mt2060_attach()
>
> That is your problem.  You didn't compile the mt2060 module, or it's not
> installed, or your modprobe information is out of date (run depmod), or
> your module utils version is too old (need 3.2).

Thanks for your pointers, I've just taken a look to check :-

basil:~# modinfo mt2060
filename:
/lib/modules/2.6.21/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/frontends/mt2060.ko
author:         Olivier DANET
license:        GPL
vermagic:       2.6.21 mod_unload
depends:
parm:           debug:Turn on/off debugging (default:off). (int)

It modprobes fine, but I don't get anything to say it's seen the tuner
in dmesg (which looking at the source code of mt2060.c, I should do) and
i still have no luck.

Should mt2060 be manually probed in at some point in the boot process?

Thanks
Chris