[linux-dvb] "Kernel BUG" (Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T)

Tim Smith tim at electronghost.co.uk
Wed Aug 8 19:05:52 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 08 Aug 2007, Nicolas Will wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-08-08 at 17:18 +0100, tim at electronghost.co.uk wrote:
> > Searching the list shows a few instances of these, but not much
> > further
> > discussion so I'm not sure what the status is. In case it turns out to
> > be
> > useful, here's a trace from my mythbackend box. This has an x86_64
> > kernel.
> > I *think* everythnig relevant should be in the backtrace already.
>
> when did you get the v4l-dvb tree?

2.6.22.1-41.fc7 :-)

> I may be mistaken, but what makes you think this is a Nova-T-500 driver
> bug?

I don't, necessarily, but it occurs on occasion and appears to be when the
mythbackend opens the device. It may be a USB bug or something completely
unrelated. However it does seem tied to using the DVB device (on my
system), and typing various bits of the error message into Google brought
up an instance of someone reporting something similar here w.r.t. the
Hauppauge Nova-T 500 USB disconnect problem (now fixed). The message-ID is
obfuscated so I can't point you straight at it I'm afraid.

The backtrace does seem to have come through the dvb subsystem on its way to
its doom.

So it seemed like a reasonable place to file a report. Personally I blame
the Mysterons.

--
Tim Smith <tim at electronghost.co.uk>
"Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at,