[linux-dvb] NOVA-T 500 PCI power-off problem & fix

Harald Gustafsson hgu1972 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 21:05:32 CEST 2007

Yes you are right it might not be related to DVB, I read a lot of bug and
forum posts that reported power off problems and tried their solutions but
without success. At last I did a clean install and did shutdown tests at
each step to find the problem, and when upgraded to the latest DVB drivers
power off stopped working. Before the update the power off worked. It could
very well be that this motherboard has problems with PCI cards powering down
at all. Since my fix, removing the DVB drivers before shutdown helped, I
thought it might be of use for others having the same problem.

Harald