[linux-dvb] saa7146_i2c_writeout: timed out waiting for end of xfer

André Weidemann Andre.Weidemann at web.de
Sun Aug 19 02:36:27 CEST 2007

Oliver Endriss wrote:

> Unfortunately, I have no idea why the I2C transfer hangs sometimes.
> Is there any pattern? Does it happen rarely or does the message flood
> your logs?

Within 2h 30min(VDR's last uptime) the poll timeout occurred 131 times.
So the average occurrence is less than once a minute. It only happened
once, that there were two log entries with the same system time. Between
all the other logs are 3 seconds to a few minutes. Sometimes the
timeouts occur in "pairs". Meaning, there are only a few seconds between
two log entries. The then following message is usually ~20 seconds to a
few minutes later.

> If it does not happen too often, it should not be a big problem, because
> the I2C transfer will be retried...

I guess I'm fine here since the system seems to be running flawlessly,
nevertheless.

  André