[linux-dvb] DVB-T Full Spectrum Frequencies Scan

Frederic CAND frederic.cand at anevia.com
Wed Aug 22 16:57:33 CEST 2007

Hi everyone,

I'm having some troubles trying to perform a dvb-t frequencies scan
without a scan file.
Does anyone know if a software (or even an algorithm i could write in C)
exist to do so ?
My idea was to scan frequencies using all combinations of DTT
parameters. This is a first problem because it makes a lot of
possibilities. The second problem is that I don't know on which
frequency I should start my scanning, nor the step to use between to
frequencies.

I thought to parse the Terrestrial Delivery System descriptor in the
NIT, but it appears that some countries do not fill correctly this
descriptor (particularly the "Frequency" field). So it's useless.

I'm looking for a universal method that do not need a scan file to be
specified to automate everything. As STBs can do that i though that we
could do that programatically.

If anyone has a clue, please help :'(

--
CAND Frederic