[linux-dvb] HVR4000 no lock when tuning DVB-S2 (8PSK)

Jyrki Niskala jyrki.n at telia.com
Fri Aug 24 19:44:38 CEST 2007

Hi
When trying to tune transponders on Thor 1.0 W I get no lock on channels
transmitted by DVB-S2 / 8PSK.
I get lock on DVB-S channels and when using scan I find 301 services, so
it's seems to work with DVB-S.
The only tip I found when searching was in Hauppauge forum (for another
OS though...) that you should use auto mode on FEC to get lock on 8PSK
but that's not supported in hvr4000 tree.

I have a Hauppauge HVR4000 and a Nova-HD-S2  to play with and I'm
willing to make tests to take driver further...

Thanks in advance. / Jyrki