[linux-dvb] Problem with dvbnet on Ubuntu

Michael Harpe mharpe79 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 26 06:05:46 CEST 2007

I have a new PCI Technisat DVB card installed and it seems to work fine. I am working on receiving a datacast from our local PBS station. dvbsnoop sees the traffic on the right PID (8099) and dvbstream sends it back out fine.

I would like to use the dvbnet-created interface. I create the interface with dvbnet, give it an IP address, put it in promiscuous mode and no packets tick. I don't see any traffic out this interface. This stream is an IP stream being sent in IEC38016? format.

My distro is Ubuntu 7.0.4 aka Feisty Fawn.

Mike Harpe, N4PLE
Sellersburg, IN