[linux-dvb] HVR-3000: fixed by downgrading kernel, any ~stoth/hvr3000 patches for >2.6.18 kernels?

Philip Pemberton lists at philpem.me.uk
Mon Aug 27 01:43:32 CEST 2007

Well, it looks like either the kernel (stock FC6 2.6.20) or the driver itself
is broken. Reverting to 2.6.18 (with minor patches to the r8169 Ethernet
driver source) and installing Steve Toth's hvr3000 driver has enabled most of
the card's features. The analogue TV tuner isn't working properly (but that
might be a MythTV thing) but DVB-T works fine. I'm off to test DVB-S in a few
minutes.

To get this working, I've had to build a 2.6.18 kernel for Mythdora 4,
reinstall the ATI Fglrx drivers (from the ATI package, not an RPM), rebuild
LIRC, and rebuild IVTV. Actually, scrub that last part, I still haven't
managed to rebuild the IVTV RPM from the AtRPMs source. But the rest of it
seems to work...

Does anyone know if any *working* patches exist to get Steve Toth's HVR-3000
driver (currently in hg under ~stoth/hvr3000) working on newer kernels? I got
it to compile fairly well, it just didn't do much after it was compiled...

Thanks.
--
Phil.                         |  (\_/)  This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny
lists at philpem.me.uk           | (='.'=) into your signature to help him gain