[linux-dvb] Driver for USB ISDB-T 1-Seg

Carlos Hacks hacks at lavid.ufpb.br
Thu Aug 30 17:49:30 CEST 2007

Sorry for late reply.

Patrick Boettcher wrote:
> The Linux-DVB API is currently not able to handle ISDB-T . I.e. there is
> no userspace application which could talk (correctly) to a device.
> Furthermore there is no device-driver yet there which could lock on a
> ISDB-T signal.
> But starting the discussion on that, would be a great idea:
> Obviously you are from Brasil. What is your current status in your country
> about DTV?
Brazilian DTV is scheduled to start Broadcast in December 2007 in São
Paulo and gradually in other cities.

> How much did they modified Japan's ISDB-T implementation?
As far as I am concerned, the ISDB-T modulation is the same. The most
significant modifications were in SI Tables and Middleware. The Ginga
Middleware, developed in Brasil, will be used in this case.

> In
> which flavour it is/will be used in Brasil? Will it be encrypted only?
This depends on business model of TV stations, I think.
But my bet is that 1-seg transmissions will be very popular here.
This is why I would like to start coding drivers for 1-seg devices.

> Patrick.
Carlos Hacks