[linux-dvb] need to hold fronend device open
iilluzion at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 08:10:26 CET 2007
I appreciated for good staff you develop.
The question is:
is it a bug or feature that to be able to have dvbnet device
operational to be able to get traffic i need to have frontend device
to be held open by a user process?
dvb card: TT-budget S-1401
budget module from kernel 2.6.22
OK. some examples.
successful example 1
1. szap -n 1 - successfully locks a signal and continually monitors
1.2 meanwhile [kdvb-fe-0] is being hold open
2. dvbnet - successfully makes a dvb0_0 device
3. ifconfig - successfully initializes dvb device
4. tcpdump - gives traffic
unsuccessful example 2
1. szap -n 1 -x - lock a signal and stops
2,3. dvbnet and ifconfig - make dvb0_0
4. tcpdump - shows NO traffic
reason: [kdvb-fe-0] is not being hold open
workaround: keep szap going placing it into background with &.
szap -n 1 > /dev/null 2>&1 &
so it seems i have to keep [kdvb-fe-0] making szap running
what's wrong with my configuration?
thank you in advance.
More information about the linux-dvb