[linux-dvb] DVB-S card for 3.8 GHz frequency range?

Bernhard Rosenkraenzer bero at arklinux.org
Fri Dec 7 10:41:21 CET 2007

 Hi,

 I'm trying to record the Ethiopian Schoolnet DVB-S channels -
unfortunately they seem to be broadcast at really weird frequencies
(3.887 GHz, Symbol rate 26500000) that none of the DVB-S cards I tried
can handle (the cards I tried seem to be limited to the 10 GHz-12 GHz
range).

 Is there any card (PCI preferred, but USB would be ok) that can
receive DVB-S broadcasts at 3.887 GHz, or is there anything that could
be used to shift the signal to a reasonable frequency?

 We have a fallback plan working at the moment (really awful hack -
using the receiver box distributed by the satellite provider to
receive the channel, then capturing the signal on its TV-Out port
using an analog video card), but that's really not a good solution...

 Thanks

 bero