[linux-dvb] TT S2-3200 or Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-HD-S2?

Olli Raatikainen olli.raatikainen at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 08:22:14 CET 2007

Can somebody shed some light on this matter? I've been reading this list and
also the vdr-list, but I really cannot be sure about this. I understand that
dvb-s2 is still in its maturing phase, but I really would like to set up a
dvbs/dvb-s2 htpc with vdr.

I only need to be able to receive both dvb-s and dvb-s2 channels, so in my
opinion no need for hvr4000. Which of these two cards would be better? Or
are there any differencies in daily use? The Nova would be about 20€ ($25)
cheaper. I'll be getting two of the preferred card so I could save some
cash. But of course I'm willing to pay for something that actually works.