[linux-dvb] CI API for dvb-device

Ben Backx ben at bbackx.com
Tue Dec 18 23:00:40 CET 2007

Hello,

I'm currently working on the development of a linux device driver for a
DVB-receiver (for the moment, I'm not going to mention brand or product, I'm
waiting for an official announcement from the company itself, just to avoid
any troubles).

For the moment, FTA is almost working, but off course we also would like to
have support for encrypted channels so we need to control the CI with linux.

Now I've noticed there's a high level API for the twinhan CI, is this API in
any way generic? Meaning: is it possible to port it to the specific device
I'm developing for?

If not, is there any documentation available on how to develop this kind of
support?

Any help is really appreciated.

Regards,

Ben Backx