[linux-dvb] Pinnacle PCTV Sat HDTV Pro USB (452e) packet loss

John Goacher linuxdvb at johngoacher.co.uk
Thu Dec 20 14:00:55 CET 2007

Manu Abraham wrote:

>>> John Goacher wrote:
>>> When i looked at the pctv452 driver it was based on a older stb0899
>>> driver
>>> snapshot.
>>> It still is based on the same ? There were many issues fixed in newer
>>> changesets, so
>>> i don't know whether the issue that you see is really a stb0899 driver
>>> issue which has
>>> been fixed already or maybe that the pctv device requires some specific
>>> settings ? I
>>> don't know.. I don't have much info on this device.
>>> Regards,
>>> Manu
>> Hi Manu,
>> I was using an older snapshot, but I've now rebuilt and re-installed the
>> driver following the instructions in the wiki entry at
>> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Pinnacle_PCTV_Sat_HDTV_Pro_USB_%28452e%29
>> I'm using what I believe to be the latest snapshot of STB0899 which is
>> revision 5882 at http://linuxtv.org/hg/~manu/stb0899/rev/5b19ac1cddb5
>> Unfortunately, I still get the packet loss problem with this snapshot.
> There can be 2 possibilities
> * some pctv452 specific setting required, due to the hardware difference
> * some unknown bug that gets explicitly noticed in a specific combination
> In either case, can you please put up some high resolution pictures of
> your
> device up some place (since i don't have much of an understanding about
> your hardware configuration, hoping that the pictures might yield some
> clues) ?
> Regards,
> Manu

I've uploaded high resolution photos of the top and underside of the pcb at
the following URLs:

The device is revision 01. By the way, is there any method for getting more
error information from the device ? Do you know whether packets in error are
discarded by the device without being passed to the device driver ? If so,
is there a programmable option to pass error packets through to the device
driver and application ?