[linux-dvb] VHF tuning broken for TDA8275A cards?

hermann pitton hermann-pitton at arcor.de
Fri Dec 21 00:35:20 CET 2007

Hi Nico,

Am Donnerstag, den 20.12.2007, 12:01 +0100 schrieb Nico Sabbi:
> Hi,
> in recent kernels (up to 2.6.23xxx) my Lifeview Trio can't tune
> anymore VHF channels, that used to work in previous kernels
> (after a patch by Hartmutt that IIRC was integrated in several months
> ago). I haven't tried an hg snapshot yet, but I'd like to know if
> other users have my problem.

you asked the other way round,

but at least I can confirm that my tda8275a cards and also such with the
FMD1216ME and tda10046ht/a still tune the single VHF transponder we have
here.

I'm using about ten to four days old v4l-dvb mercurial master on some
2.6.23 and an old 2.6.20 currently.

You likely noticed some reports, that on VHF some transmitters changed
from FEC 3/4 to 2/3 recently. If not already done, it might be worth a
try creating a new channels.conf.

Let me know, if you like to see some mplayer or other logs.

Cheers,
Hermann