[linux-dvb] WinTV-CI from Hauppauge

Steven Toth stoth at linuxtv.org
Tue Dec 25 16:11:46 CET 2007

Per Olofsson wrote:
> Steven Toth wrote:
>>> Can I ask you then, would it be possible to use the WinTV-CI with
>>> other cards
>>> than Hauppauge's own? Could it be used with multiple tuners?
>>>
>> Under Linux? You should be able to do whatever you like once a GPL
>> driver is available.
>
> Right, under Linux, that's what I meant. I was wondering because other CI's are
> usually tied to a specific tuner card and cannot decode anything else which is
> not passing through it.

Agreed. Except the Hauppauge products is a fairly straight-forward USB
device. With the right driver it is able to decode _ANY_ transport
stream feed through it, providing that the correct CAM and subscriber
card are inserted.

Check the retail packaging for a ist of which cams are supported.

- Steve