[linux-dvb] Technotrend C1200 DVB-C USB

Paul Tötterman paul.totterman at iki.fi
Tue Feb 6 22:00:01 CET 2007

Hi!

I have just bought a Technotrend C1200 USB DVB-C device (what's the
correct name? "adaptor"?). However I'm unable to get it to work.

I'm running Ubuntu Edgy and I've compiled the latest modules and they
seem to load fine. However, the end of dmesg reads:

ttusb_init_controller: unknown STC version V 2.5, please report!
ttusb_init_controller: dsp-version: 0.0
DVB: registering new adapter (Technotrend/Hauppauge Nova-USB).
dvb-ttusb-budget: A frontend driver was not found for device 0b48/1004

And when I try to run "scan /usr/share/doc/dvb-utils/examples/scan/
dvb-c/fi-HTV" I get:

FATAL: failed to open '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0': 2 No such file
or directory

And that seems to match what the module put in dmesg. Someone told me
that they had this device running and receiving Finnish DVB-C with
vdr. I tried using vdr, had to compile a "softdevice"-plugin and got
it running, but I wont show me any channels (I couldn't get scan to
produce a channels.conf, so I googled for one and used it instead).

Now, what do I need? Firmware? Software? Is this ever going to work?

Please, help me getting this up and running!

BR,
Paul Tötterman

PS. I read what I found on the mailing list about this device, but
that information was over half a year old, so I thought it would be
time to stir up the matter once again.