[linux-dvb] How does bad reception influence quality of macroblocks?

timecop timecop at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 12:05:21 CET 2007

You will lose one or more TS packets (188bytes) if RS decoder (or some
other step before that) cannot fully recover the packet. Those packets
are usually marked with 'transport error indicator' flag, and mpeg
decoder skips them, or perhaps blindly tries to decode data in them.
Usually results in ugly crap across the screen in a particular section
that was ruined, even if it was only a single TS packet that was
affected.

-t