[linux-dvb] patch, which supports some new DVB-C budget cards

Janne Grunau janne-dvb at grunau.be
Tue Feb 13 21:54:49 CET 2007

On Monday 12 February 2007 23:54:28 e9hack wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it exist some new DVB-C budget cards, which are based on the KNC ONE
> (Terratec, Setalco) design. They are using a new tuner with the
> TDA10023 as demodulator. The main work to support this chip was done
> by Georg Auer. He has implemented the frontend (tda10023.c) for the
> ReelBox.

> The attached archive contains the following files: -
> tda1002x.diff, diff against the current hg-tree
> - tda10023.c, the frontend which should go to ./linux/drivers/media/dvb/frontends
> - tda1002x.h, which should replace ./linux/drivers/media/dvb/frontend/tda10021.h

You can use hg add and hg remove to add and remove files. hg diff will
display the changes. I hope you don't mind if I a attach the whole patch.

> I would like it, if the owners of such new cards do test the patch.
> The patch may also affect all cards which are supported by the
> modules budget-av and budget.

The patched hg version works with following two cards:

saa7146: found saa7146 @ mem ffffc20000058000 (revision 1, irq 17) (0x1894,0x0020).
DVB: registering new adapter (KNC1 DVB-C).
TDA10021: i2c-addr = 0x0d, id = 0x7c
saa7146: found saa7146 @ mem ffffc20000078000 (revision 1, irq 19) (0x153b,0x1156).
DVB: registering new adapter (Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-C).
TDA10021: i2c-addr = 0x0c, id = 0x7c