[linux-dvb] Problem with Remote Pinnacle PCTV USB2 50e

TECHER David davidtecher at yahoo.fr
Wed Feb 14 03:52:23 CET 2007

Hi all,

I'm newbi on this mailing-list...Excuse-me, I'm a French guy. I'm not
very good at English. I hope you will understand what I write on my mail.

I've got a problem in order to use my "grey" pinnacle remote

I've tried to use the ideas from this mail
http://lists.zerezo.com/video4linux/msg12737.html

I've successly installed my PCTV USB2 50e on my Ubuntu Dapper in order
to use the remote control

But I've still having problem...like people who send theirs owns
messages on
"http://www.linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/Talk:Em2820#Getting_remote_to_work"
about "...Additionally, it seems, that when I push a button of the
remote it produces an endless (repeating) signal...."

Any idea about how to solve that?

Thanks.

--david;

Here is the commands I've used to install my pinnacle's pctv:

cd /usr/src
hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mrechberger/v4l-dvb
cd v4l-dvb

Open the file /usr/src/v4l-dvb/linux/drivers/media/video/em28xx/em28xx-input.c

Replace at line 259

if (buf[0]!=0x00){
                return 0;
        }

by

if (buf[0]!=0xfe){
                return 0;
        }

then i added to "/etc/modprob.d/options"

options em28xx  card=3 i2c_scan=1 i2c_debug=1 device_mode=1 ir_debug=2

and to "/etc/modules"

ir-kbd-i2c

then i reboot my computer