[linux-dvb] Problems with Technotrend DVB-T TT-1500 and CI

btsglw btsglw at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 23:14:05 CET 2007

Hi All,

I'm trying to get a Technotrend TT-1500 (DVB-T) with the daughter CI
to work with my legal smart card and a DualCAM (using Conax).

The local DTV provider has a number of completely encrypted channels
and some that are actually FTA but are marked as encrypted.  If I tune
to these latter channels _without_ placing my cam in the CI then I can
receive the channels fine. However, as soon as I slot in the CAM, the
picture starts to break up as does the sound. The encrypted channels
always have picture and sound problems.

I've checked the log (/var/log/messages, I'm running FC6 64bit kernel
2.6.18-1.2869) and it says that the CAM has been initialised
successfully and not much else.  The kernel automatically loads the
drivers

saa7146: register extension 'budget_ci dvb'.
saa7146: found saa7146 @ mem ffffc2000001e000 (revision 1, irq 5)
(0x13c2,0x1012).
saa7146 (0): dma buffer size 192512
DVB: registering new adapter (TT-Budget-T-CI PCI).
adapter has MAC addr = 00:d0:5c:04:43:84
input: Budget-CI dvb ir receiver saa7146 (0) as /class/input/input3
budget_ci: CI interface initialised
Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.20
DVB: registering frontend 0 (Philips TDA10046H DVB-T)...

lspci -vv

00:0a.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)
  Subsystem: Technotrend Systemtechnik GmbH Unknown device 1012
  Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr-
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
<TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
  Latency: 64 (3750ns min, 9500ns max)
  Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 5
  Region 0: Memory at febff000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]

lsmod:
dvb_core              100784  2 budget_ci,budget_core
i2c_core               33729  7
tda1004x,budget_ci,budget_core,ttpci_eeprom,i2c_ec,nvidia,i2c_viapro

Is this card plus CI supported? I've found mention of it in the source
code in  budget-ci.c, but the "Subsystem: Technotrend Systemtechnik
GmbH Unknown device 1012" would seem to indicate that it's not being
completely recognised.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Btw, the same CAM + smart card works
perfectly in my Twinhan DVB-T VP3040.

TIA
Veronica