[linux-dvb] 2.6.20 -> saa i2c messages

e9hack e9hack at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 16 19:29:03 CET 2007

Udo van den Heuvel wrote:

>>> Take the original 2.6.20 driver and change the line above.
>>> No other modifications. Does the card still work?
>>>
>> With this change undone the kernel boots OK.
>> I also have some saa7146_debug output with this change. Please let me
>> know if this output is interesting enough.
>>

> With an unmodified kernel (.flags = SAA7146_USE_I2C_IRQ, in place) but
> with debugging I get:

I try to interpret the debug output:

- Someone tries to access an i2c device on address 0x50..0x57
(0xa0..0xae). The transfer timed out. The interrupt was not hit.

- Someone tries to access an i2c device on address 0x50..0x57
(0xa0..0xae). For each transfer, the interrupt was hit. The transfer was
successful for the first address. There was no response (ACK) for the
other addresses.

The access to the i2c bus doesn't come from the dvb driver. You should
see a massage like 'budget-av:  A frontend driver was not found for
device xxxx/xxxx subsystem yyyy/yyyy', because one of the saa7146 didn't
got an interrupt.

- Hartmut