[linux-dvb] DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4

Peter Fern v4l at obfusc8.org
Sat Feb 17 08:54:09 CET 2007

Michael Krufky wrote:

<snip>
> DViCO has been very helpful in the development of the bluebird driver, but there
> is nothing that we can ask DViCO to help us with in this case.  The problem is
> in relation to the zl10353 demodulator driver, and they are not at liberty
> to share any information of that ic.
>
> Chris reverse-engineered the zl10353 driver.  If somebody can get a spec and try
> to figure out what the Linux driver is lacking, that is the only way that we can
> resolve this issue.
>
> The device-specific code of the FusionHDTV Dual Digital 4 driver is completely
> correct -- this problem is specifically localized to AU, perhaps even just
> Melbourne (although I have doubts about that).  We need somebody to analyze the
> zl10353 behavior and take it from there.
>
> I am quite sure that any other device with a zl10353 will produce the same
> problematic behavior when used in this area.

<snip>

I have a FusionHDTV Dual Digital 2, with a Zarlink ZL10353 frontend that
performs without problem (aside from an offset adjustment for some
channels) in Melbourne AU.  So, doesn't seem like we're on  the right
track.  Can I provide you any data that might be helpful?  As I posted
earlier, I will have access to a v4 card shortly, so might be able to
provide some more info then.

Regards,
Peter Fern