[linux-dvb] Has someone includedhttp://linuxtv.org/hg/~stoth/multiproto in another repo ?

Steven Toth stoth at hauppauge.com
Tue Feb 20 20:11:58 CET 2007

Gregoire Favre wrote:
> Hello :-)
>
> Thank to the tip on #v4l I try to include the info for the HVR-4000 into
> another repo.
>
> I have installed kdiff3 but I still found it hard.
>
> I tried this :
>
> hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb
> cd v4l-dvb
> hg pull http://linuxtv.org/hg/~stoth/multiproto
> hg merge
> but it's too hard at hg merge for me...
>
> Maybe I should try to put the HVR-4000 into another repo ?
>
> I'll be really interested if someone already did those steps with more
> sucess ;-)
>
> Thank you very much,

The stoth/multiproto HVR4000 patches were simply enough to add to Manu's
multiproto project. The best approach would be to obtain Manu's latest
stuff and merge the differences.

... Assuming Manu's tree tracks the current v4l tree. It may be a static
point in time from mid last year.

I can add the HVR4000 specific stuff to a current v4l tree, but without
the enhanced API's its more of a hack and would require private ioctls.

Steve