[linux-dvb] TT-1500 / TDA10046

Nicholas Fearnley nfearnley at dmpip.tv
Wed Feb 21 19:37:50 CET 2007

The Jumper is removed, there is 0 volts provided on the antenna input
of the T-1500.

The resistance of the antenna itself shows 3.3 Ohms which is quite
low, but as the booster is removed this should be OK I think?

On 21 Feb 2007, at 16:55, Jouni wrote:

> You can check the antenna with ohm-meter, if it is near 0, then it
> would
> short the 5V supply. But if you disabled the 5V with jumper
> (checked it
> with voltmeter?) it would not make difference.
>

> On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 14:12:04 +0000, "Nicholas Fearnley"
> <nfearnley at dmpip.tv> said:
>> I have removed the jumper on the card that provides the amp (there is
>> only one jumper).
>>
>> But as to whether or not the antenna still shorts I'm not sure.  Can
>> I check with a multimeter?
>>
>> I read about turning off the amp (I2C 0x65) which means little to
>> me!  It's on the wiki.
>>

>> On 21 Feb 2007, at 10:44, Jouni wrote:
>>

>>> What type of antenna you are using?
>>> My TT-1500 will not get good signal, if the antenna shorts the 5V
>>> feed
>>> for antenna amp from
>>> the cards antenna in -connector.

>>> --
>>>   Jouni
>>>   jouni76 at fastmail.fm
>>>
>>> --
>>> http://www.fastmail.fm - A no graphics, no pop-ups email service
>>>

> --
>   Jouni
>   jouni76 at fastmail.fm
>
> --
> http://www.fastmail.fm - Does exactly what it says on the tin

Nicholas Fearnley
Digital Media Projects Ltd
1 City Square
Leeds
LS1 2ES

t: 011 33 66 33 66
m: 07796 147 320
e: nfearnley at dmpip.tv
w: www.dmpip.tv

Disclaimer:

the system manager. Please note that any views or opinions presented
in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check
this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The
company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this email.