[linux-dvb] TT-1500 / TDA10046

Nicholas Fearnley nfearnley at dmpip.tv
Wed Feb 21 21:05:12 CET 2007

Great thank you for that link.  I tried it, it only locks to two
frequencies each time, not the ones I am used to tuning to here
(Emley Moor).  It is consistent.  But no services found.  Again - I
know the antenna to be providing a good signal - the Nova-T  tells me
so.

w_scan -a 0 -f t -F -t 3 -vvv

I have set verbose output on and here is the output from w_scan (only
the bottom part):

tune to: :474000:I999B8C999D999M999T999G999Y0:T:27500:
 >>> tuning status == 0x01
 >>> tuning status == 0x1f
add_filter:1151: add filter pid 0x0000
start_filter:1097: start filter pid 0x0000 table_id 0x00
update_poll_fds:1077: poll fd 4
add_filter:1151: add filter pid 0x0011
start_filter:1097: start filter pid 0x0011 table_id 0x42
update_poll_fds:1077: poll fd 5
update_poll_fds:1077: poll fd 4
add_filter:1151: add filter pid 0x0010
start_filter:1097: start filter pid 0x0010 table_id 0x40
update_poll_fds:1077: poll fd 6
update_poll_fds:1077: poll fd 5
update_poll_fds:1077: poll fd 4
Info: filter timeout pid 0x0011
remove_filter:1159: remove filter pid 0x0011
stop_filter:1137: stop filter pid 0x0011
update_poll_fds:1077: poll fd 6
update_poll_fds:1077: poll fd 4
Info: filter timeout pid 0x0000
remove_filter:1159: remove filter pid 0x0000
stop_filter:1137: stop filter pid 0x0000
update_poll_fds:1077: poll fd 6
Info: filter timeout pid 0x0010
remove_filter:1159: remove filter pid 0x0010
stop_filter:1137: stop filter pid 0x0010
tune to: :554000:I999B8C999D999M999T999G999Y0:T:27500:
 >>> tuning status == 0x01
 >>> tuning status == 0x01
 >>> tuning status == 0x01
 >>> tuning status == 0x01
 >>> tuning status == 0x01
 >>> tuning status == 0x01
 >>> tuning status == 0x01
 >>> tuning status == 0x01
 >>> tuning status == 0x01
 >>> tuning status == 0x01
 >>> tuning status == 0x01
 >>> tuning status == 0x01
 >>> tuning status == 0x01
 >>> tuning status == 0x1f
add_filter:1151: add filter pid 0x0000
start_filter:1097: start filter pid 0x0000 table_id 0x00
update_poll_fds:1077: poll fd 4
add_filter:1151: add filter pid 0x0011
start_filter:1097: start filter pid 0x0011 table_id 0x42
update_poll_fds:1077: poll fd 5
update_poll_fds:1077: poll fd 4
add_filter:1151: add filter pid 0x0010
start_filter:1097: start filter pid 0x0010 table_id 0x40
update_poll_fds:1077: poll fd 6
update_poll_fds:1077: poll fd 5
update_poll_fds:1077: poll fd 4
Info: filter timeout pid 0x0011
remove_filter:1159: remove filter pid 0x0011
stop_filter:1137: stop filter pid 0x0011
update_poll_fds:1077: poll fd 6
update_poll_fds:1077: poll fd 4
Info: filter timeout pid 0x0000
remove_filter:1159: remove filter pid 0x0000
stop_filter:1137: stop filter pid 0x0000
update_poll_fds:1077: poll fd 6
Info: filter timeout pid 0x0010
remove_filter:1159: remove filter pid 0x0010
stop_filter:1137: stop filter pid 0x0010
dumping lists (0 services)
Done.

So I can tell the card is getting a signal (sort of!) - I do hope I'm
not missing any kernel drivers - but surely I wouldn't get this far?

Nick

On 21 Feb 2007, at 19:06, Jouni wrote:

> Yes, as there is no 5 volts, it should not affect antenna signal
> reception (with antenna without amp).
> So your problem is something else...
>
> Have you tested with w_scan:
> http://www.edafe.org/vdr/wscan.html
> It is sometimes easier to use, as it autoscans all frequencies, so it
> does not need any initial scanning data.
>

> On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 18:37:50 +0000, "Nicholas Fearnley"
> <nfearnley at dmpip.tv> said:
>> The Jumper is removed, there is 0 volts provided on the antenna input
>> of the T-1500.
>>
>> The resistance of the antenna itself shows 3.3 Ohms which is quite
>> low, but as the booster is removed this should be OK I think?
>>

>> On 21 Feb 2007, at 16:55, Jouni wrote:
>>

>>> You can check the antenna with ohm-meter, if it is near 0, then it
>>> would
>>> short the 5V supply. But if you disabled the 5V with jumper
>>> (checked it
>>> with voltmeter?) it would not make difference.

>>> --
>>>   Jouni
>>>   jouni76 at fastmail.fm
>>>
>>> --
>>> http://www.fastmail.fm - Does exactly what it says on the tin

>> Nicholas Fearnley
>> Digital Media Projects Ltd
>> 1 City Square
>> Leeds
>> LS1 2ES
>>
>> t: 011 33 66 33 66
>> m: 07796 147 320
>> e: nfearnley at dmpip.tv
>> w: www.dmpip.tv
>>
>> Disclaimer:

>> are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify
>> the system manager. Please note that any views or opinions presented
>> in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
>> represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check
>> this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The
>> company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
>> transmitted by this email.
>>

> --
>   Jouni
>   jouni76 at fastmail.fm