[linux-dvb] DViCO DVB-T Pro - No Signal

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Wed Feb 21 23:37:11 CET 2007

>> scycoon at internode.on.net wrote:
>>> Hi There,
>>>
>>> I have just tried installing a DViCO DVB-T PRO card
>>> under Fedora Core 6.  I thought I would save myself some
>>> pain and go
>>> with FC rather than FreeBSD. It appears not.
>>>
>>> 2.6.19-1.2911.fc6 #1 SMP Sat Feb 10 15:16:31 EST 2007
>>> x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>>>
>>> The card is stamped as;
>>>
>>> DVB-T X1 REV 1.1
>>> Conexant
>>> Broadcast Decoder
>>> CX23880-39
>> This card is not supported in linux.
>>
>> Sorry,
>>
>> Mike

scycoon at internode.on.net wrote:
> Thanks for that Michael,
>
> Any ideas if support will be added for this card?
>
> Regards
>
> Christian

Please do not drop cc to the mailing list.

The card uses the xc3028 tuner, which is not supported in the mainline kernel,
nor is it supported in the v4l-dvb master branch.  Markus Rechberger has written
a driver for the xc3028 silicon tuner, but his repository doesnt yet have any
support for the DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Pro.

When will support be added?  I dont know.  I won't touch this until after a
clean, fully functional and GPL'd xc3028 driver appears in the master branch.
That wont happen right away.

If you want to try to add support for this card yourself, you can take a look at
how Markus added xc2028 support for a cardbus cx88 card in his v4l-dvb-kernel tree.

I hope this helps,

Michael Krufky