[linux-dvb] Re: Nova-T 500 (dvb_usb_dib0700) usb disconnects

Antti P Miettinen ananaza at iki.fi
Sat Feb 24 11:52:39 CET 2007


Janne Grunau <janne-dvb at grunau.be> writes:
> I'm setting now usbmon+debugfs up to capture all usb traffic. Maybe we 
> could see something suspicious in there just before the disconnect.

Just trying to pitch in my humble contribution to this noble
effort.. you might be able to observe the Nova-T 500 fail live
online :-)

I've tried to follow the instructions in Documentation/usb/usbmon.txt
and set up debug fs and ubsmon into my VDR box running ubuntu
dapper. The usb log is accessible at

  http://brigitte.dna.fi/~apm/usblog.txt.gz

There are a couple of greps running to get the recent Oopsen and USB
disconnects from the kernel log available at:

  http://brigitte.dna.fi/~apm/oops.txt
  http://brigitte.dna.fi/~apm/disconnect.txt

I started this up about noon today (24.4.2007 EEST) so ignore anything
older.

My kernel is the dapper 2.6.15 kernel just recompiled with debug fs
enabled (and prism54 softmac disabled as it apparently does not
compile with debug fs and I don't need it). I've used the following:

  http://brigitte.dna.fi/~apm/v4l-dvb-0.0.diff

to make a deb out of the v4l-dvb mercurial. My current DVB modules are
compiled from version 4d012cd162f5.

Unfortunately I do not know how to provoke an oops as I haven't been
able to figure out anything that would correlate with the
disconnects. The machine has been more or less idle when they have
happened. Let's hope I get a failure before before the log fills my
disk :-)

-- 
http://www.iki.fi/~ananaza/




More information about the linux-dvb mailing list