[linux-dvb] freecom usb stick troubles

Måns Rullgård mans at mansr.com
Sun Feb 25 15:25:42 CET 2007

"James Shirley" <jims at conceptual.com.au> writes:

> Hi i've been trying to get my freecom usb dvb stick working with debian etch
> (upto date, 2.6 kernel):
>
> I've followed the instructions from
>
> http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/HOW_TO_Installing_DVB
>
> and only deviated when i couldn't connect with
>
> http://thadathil.net:8000/dvb/fw/
>
> is this server down, or just refusing me for some reason?
>
> anyway i found a redhat rpm somewhere with the firmware and my cksum is:
>
> freak:/lib/firmware# cksum dvb-usb-wt220u-fc03.fw
> 592751328 12902 dvb-usb-wt220u-fc03.fw
>
> The freecom stick has an art.no 28057, which is different to that
> suggested on the linuxtv's website of 25451 for revision 3.
>
> But anyway on usb plug in it says it uses this firmware file, and i get a
>
> dvb-usb: recv bulk message failed: -110
>
> which i assume is not good, can any body help?

I have a receiver just like yours.  It appears to be working fine,
despite that message.

The one bit of trouble I ran into was that, for some reason, I have to
apply an offset to some frequencies, but not all, when tuning.  MythTV
handles this, but I suspect that it might get confused if other cards
without this quirk were present.

--
Måns Rullgård
mans at mansr.com