[linux-dvb] szap vs dvbtune

Chris Malarky chris at malarky.org
Mon Feb 26 20:34:01 CET 2007

Hi Daniarnedo,

On Mon, 2007-02-26 at 18:26 +0100, daniarnedo wrote:
> Anyone knows a reason for szap being not as stable as dvbtune when using a
> DVB-S card for data reception?
> dvbtune is giving me an oops if I unload the driver and szap never does,
> however, dvbtune allows lot of days of data reception without any un-lock
> while szap (and dvbnet) unlocks each 2 or three hours.

My DVB-S test machine uses szap/dvbnet to receive data, and it's been up
for 16 days and still going strong (without any re-tuning).  IIRC dvbnet
is the stock Debian Etch package, and szap and friends were latest
dvb-apps from the repository.

I haven't used dvbtune on this particular box, but I have used it with
the same card (TT S-1401) with similar results.

Could it be your DVB driver that is unstable?

Cheers,
Chris
--
Chris Malarky