[linux-dvb] Pinnacle PCTV Sat Pro PCI DVB-S Card

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Wed Feb 28 01:19:40 CET 2007

Hi folks,

I was wondering if someone could possibly advise me with regards to a
Digital Satellite card which I am trying to get working.

The card is a Pinnacle PCTV Sat Pro PCI card.  I am running Ubuntu Edgy
6.10 with a 2.6.17-11 kernel.  Now it appears that a driver isn't loaded
at startup so I guessed that this kernel at least doesn't support the card.

Now I'm not very good at coding, in fact I'm next to useless at it but I
wondered if there is anything I could do to help try and get this card
working?

I'm not sure if this helps but below is the output of lspci -v for the
card...

02:09.0 Multimedia controller: Pinnacle Systems Inc. Unknown device 0040
        Subsystem: Pinnacle Systems Inc. Unknown device 0048
        Memory at ea000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]

02:09.2 Multimedia controller: Pinnacle Systems Inc. Unknown device 0042
        Subsystem: Pinnacle Systems Inc. Unknown device 0048
        Memory at ea001000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]

More details on the card can be found at:

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/uk/Products/Consumer+Products/PCTV+Tuners/PCTV+Digital+PVR+(DVB-S_DVB-T)/PCTV+Sat+Pro+PCI.htm

If anyone could help I would be really grateful.

Thanks in advance,

Rob