[linux-dvb] Twinhan 1034? Or some other DVB-S twin-tuner?

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Mon Jan 1 19:27:43 CET 2007

On 29 Dec 2006, at 11:47, Manu Abraham wrote:
> Stroller wrote:
>> I like look of the Twinhan 1034 because:
>> - it's available [3]
>> - it has twin tuners,
>
> The 1034 has only a single tuner, based on the MB86A16, while the
> VP-6090 has (quad tuner) 2xMB86A16 and 2xTDA10046, but ...
> is not supported yet at the moment.

Arg! I don't know how I ended up thinking the 1034 had dual tuners!!
Perhaps "twin" in the manufacturer's name gave me that idea in the
first place, but after all the research I did on this model I would
have thought I'd have realised my mistake at some point!! :(

Looking at [1] suggests that the only DVB-S card with twin tuner
(marked on that list as "Sat in x 2") is the DVICO FusionHDTV DVB-S
[2] but this doesn't seem readily available, nor is it listed as
MythTV-compatible [3] [4]

So I guess for my purposes - watching free UK satellite TV - then I'm
simply best buying Hauppauge Nova-S card(s). I'll need to use more
PCI slots to get if I want to record & view different channels
simultaneously, but the Hauppauge are easy to get hold of and I'm
guessing they're also well-supported?

Any comments?

Stroller.

[1] http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/PCI_devices_DVB-S