[linux-dvb] OnAir USB HDTV Creator experiences?

A. F. Cano afc at shibaya.lonestar.org
Wed Jan 3 01:00:37 CET 2007

I have found that some code was added to support the OnAir Creator here:

http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mkrufky/onair?cmd=changeset;node=4196304d0395;style=gitweb

but nowhere else did I see any indication that this unit works at all
with Linux.  So my question, before I go ahead and buy an expensive
paperweight: Has anyone tested this patch? What kind of functionality
is possible under (Debian) Linux?  Experiences with specific
applications?  What percentage of the features of this unit have been
tested and found to work? As it does have an analog tuner (and analog
capture via standard video input), how does one use this unit under
Linux?  Is it a matter of using a patchwork of a dozen or so
applications to get the full functionality?  ie: one app for channel
scan, another to change channels, another couple to view the digital/
analog streams, another to record to HD, another to time-shift, etc...
Has anyone tested it with, say, MythTV?

Any and all information/hints welcome.  Thanks!

A.

PS Info on the OnAir products can be found here:
http://www.autumnwave.com
Unfortunately, no mention of Linux at all.