[linux-dvb] State of TwinhanDTV Sat-CI VP-1034 support

Cedric Roijakkers ajunne at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 14:02:11 CET 2007

Hi All,

I'm looking into building a MythTV-based HTPC at the moment. I would
like to view digital satellite channels, and I'm looking into the
hardware now.

I would like to view the TV Vlaanderen (CanaDigitaal sister company in
Belgium) encrypted channels, so I'll require a card with a CI slot and
a CAM. TV Vlaanderen sells its own CAMs, so I'll go for one of those.
But the PCI card is the one I'm asking about.

I was planning on going for a TwinhanDTV Sat-CI VP-1034, Mantis-based
card. What is the current support status in the Linux kernel for this
card? Does it work at all, and does it work with crypted channels?

Or do you have any suggestions for other cards that will do the trick
in Linux? And if possible a reseller of those via mail order in
Belgium or the Netherlands?

Greets
Cedric