[linux-dvb] Nebula Digitv USB version

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Sat Jan 6 18:59:40 CET 2007

Fraser wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I had my digitv up and running fine in Fedora core 5 (using a 2.6.17 kernel). I
> recently upgraded to fedora core 6 (2.6.18) and since doing this my device has
> stopped working properly. Initialisation etc appears fine but the device will not
> tune. Tuning process itself seems ok. No access errors or anything like that
> however the signal strength is zero all the way. The device is fine (still works
> in windows). I checked out the latest mercurial and it didn't help. Any help
> would be appreciated.
> Mine is the older Nxt6000 demodulator not the zarlink one.

Edit nxt6000.c

Go to ~line 467 and add this line:

 	if (fe->ops.tuner_ops.set_params) {
+		if (fe->ops.i2c_gate_ctrl) fe->ops.i2c_gate_ctrl(fe, 1);
 		fe->ops.tuner_ops.set_params(fe, param);
 		if (fe->ops.i2c_gate_ctrl) fe->ops.i2c_gate_ctrl(fe, 0);
 	}

Thanks to Alex Woods for fixing this... This will be merged into the master repository soon.
( i will also see to it that the -stable kernels get updated with this patch )

Good Luck,

Mike Krufky