Fw: [linux-dvb] Problem with Kworld ATSC-110

John jharitos at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 7 04:29:11 CET 2007

hermann pitton wrote:
> it was just a typo adding the card to this case
statement instead to
> above one for the i2c remotes in saa7134_board_init1
> It is already fixed in the followup patch and really
did nothing else
> than the print out. I pointed to it on the
video4linux-list, but
> the copy for the linux-dvb ML.

Thanks Hermann .... I guess I originally
missed/overlooked your v4l
reply, but checking back I do see it now!

Of interest to John, Dwaine and other users, I checked
the card's entry
on the MythTV wiki
and it has a
recent addition that cites that support for the analog
side of the card
has recently been added to the SVN.  See:

Thanks for the help. I did update my mythtv via the
svn a few weeks ago and it does give me the option to
configure the analog option for the Kworld ATSC-110.
Unfortunately, the analog side of the card doesn't
work. When I modprobe the saa7134-dvb, it creates the
/dev/dvb/adapter0 and /dev/video0 as expected. The
problem is that it appears to me that once I load
saa7134-dvb it assigns both the /dev/dvb/adapter0 and
/dev/video0 to the top RF input of the Kworld card. So
for example in myth, I create the card as a DVB and it
gives me the DVB0 input and after setting the analog
option I get the -> /dev/v4l/video0 input as expected.
I have OTA antenna in top RF port and the NTSC in the
bottom RF port. I assign my sources and fire up the
back and frontends. I go to watch TV and I get OTA
digital channels but no analog. I swap the RF inputs
then I get NTSC channels and no OTA digital.

I've also done the same test with tvtime. Set tvtime
to the /dev/v4l/video0 and if the cable is in the top
port I get analog tv when I move it to the bottom port
I get nothing. The same for digital when using azap.

Am I doing something wrong or is it a limitation with
this card as the way it stands today?

Thanks again for your efforts.

Do You Yahoo!?