[linux-dvb] Current project state for WinTV Nova-T 500?

Eduard Huguet eduardhc at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 13:04:40 CET 2007

Hi,
    I was just wondering which is the current state for the Nova-T 500
driver. Currently I have a semi-working MythTV installation based on this
card, on a Gentoo-based system (Sabayon 3.2 - 64 bit edition) running kernel
2.6.18. I recompiled it to use DVB-Core as a module s I could use the
lastest files from v4l-dvb repository.

The system it's currently working at half its possibilities as I can only
find stations on two of the valid frequencies on Barcelona (Spain) area.
This is both from within MythTV and outside it using dvbscan app. Using the
second one, I get a "tunning failed" message for most of the frecuencies
contained in /usr/share/dvb/scan/dvb-t/es-Collserola.

I was just wondering if this card is being worked on, and if so which is the
expected timeframe for a working driver release. I wouldn't having to
install XP Media Center just a cause of it :D. By the way, I've yet added
the force_lna_activation=1 option in /etc/modprobe.conf but no luck. I get a
more strong signal but yet no more stations.

Cheers
  Eduard Huguet
  Barcelona (Spain)