[linux-dvb] AverTV 777 problem - Bad CRC_32

Antonin Kral A.Kral at sh.cvut.cz
Mon Jan 8 15:30:10 CET 2007

Hello,

I am trying to get AverTV working as source of multicasted mpeg2 video
from DVB-T. I have fallen into problems, probably related to demuxer:

libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 6, expected 0)
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): PSI section too long
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 8, expected 7)
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): PSI section too long
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 14, expected 9)
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 9, expected 15)
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 11, expected 10)
libdvbpsi error (misc PSI): Bad CRC_32 (0xabbec002) !!!
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): PSI section too long
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 9, expected 13)
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 13, expected 10)
libdvbpsi error (misc PSI): Bad CRC_32 (0x3fea1ed4) !!!
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 15, expected 14)
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): PSI section too long
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 15, expected 0)
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 14, expected 0)
libdvbpsi error (misc PSI): Bad CRC_32 (0x4abb1267) !!!
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 8, expected 15)
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 13, expected 10)

This try is from VLC, but very similar behavior is under other apps. It
is not possible to access raw MPEG2-TS from the device. Something
similar has been discussed in

http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2006-October/013594.html

But I have tried several different versions of v4l-dvb and/or kernel but
with no luck.

Could anybody help me? Thank you, best regards,

    Antonin