[linux-dvb] MSI TV @nywhere a/d support

Trevor Glen tg at sarugo.net
Wed Jan 10 08:21:24 CET 2007

Hi All,

I have a MSI TV @nywhere A/D PCI DVB-T card that I'm trying to get
working on ubuntu for MythTV.

The PCI id (or whatever it's called) is 4e42:3306.

With an ubuntu standard kernel (version 2.6.17-10-generic) I have tried
using card=94 on the modprobe, and it gets inserted into the kernel ok.

I then do a modprobe saa7134_dvb and it says:
DVB: registering frontend 1 (Philips TDA10046H DVB-T)...

and then later:
tda1004x: found firmware revision 29 -- ok

But then when I try to tune to a channel in mythtv, I see this in the
syslog:
tda1004x: pll set failed

In looking at the latest mercurial code, this card isn't detected
automatically. What do I have to do to get that to happen? (or, please,
correct me if I am wrong)

Cheers,
Trev

--