[linux-dvb] DVB-C PCI cards for ComHem cable

svante järvstråt svante.jarvstrat at glocalnet.net
Wed Jan 10 16:51:14 CET 2007

I use a Twinhan Cab-CI VP2031A card. I also have a Terratec Cinergy 400
analogue card in the computer.

I use it under Fedora Core 4 with mythtv 0.19. To make it work with
mythtv I had to change both mythtv and the driver. Now it works fine,
most of the time. There are sometimes failed recordings of programs with
surround audio, but most recordings work fine.

I have tried to get it working in Fedora Core 5 and Fedora Core 6 also,
but so far without success. I think this is due to a conflict with my
other card. If I remove the other card, I can initialize the driver
correctly, but I have not yet tried scanning with only that card in the
computer.
I think it may work then. Maybe a small change in the driver is required
also for later kernels.

I am considering trying XP Home and Mediaportal instead as next try, to
be honest.

So my advice is to try another card if you can find one.