[linux-dvb] MSI TV @nywhere a/d support

hermann pitton hermann-pitton at arcor.de
Fri Jan 12 22:40:51 CET 2007

Am Freitag, den 12.01.2007, 16:17 +1030 schrieb Greg 'groggy' Lehey:
> On Friday, 12 January 2007 at  0:35:53 +0100, hermann pitton wrote:

> >> Any other thoughts out there people?
> >
> > That might depend on if your au-Adelaide (?) initial scan file is
> > already tda10046 safe. It needs correct values. Other frontends are
> > more tolerant and this can break it for you.
> I'm not sure I understand this.  A couple of questions:
> - By the "original scan file", do you mean the channels.conf file
>   described at http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Zap ?  If so,
>   what might be wrong with it, in particular the au-Adelaide file?
>   I've had no trouble with it with the DVICO Fusion cards.
> - What's "tda10046 safe"?  In particular, what values do you think
>   might be incorrect?  How would one go about establishing what's
>   wrong?
> > Usually, if using "scan" from mercurial dvb-apps, it is best to set
> > all to AUTO there except freq. and bandwidth.
> Is this version significantly different from the one described at
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Scan ?
> > This works fine for me on all 8MHz transponders, but my single 7MHz
> > one won't do it that way. Might differ for you. I think people had
> > already success also with 7MHz stuff.
> It would appear that transponders in Adelaide are all 7 MHz.

Just try. 7MHz AUTO works for me with xawtv4 cvs.bytesex.org setting
hierarchy NONE.

> > Another known pitfall with the tda10046 is that in Australia
> > reportedly offsets of 167000Hz are in use. You might try with
> > modified scan files with such positive and negative offsets.
> Where would this be?
> On Friday, 12 January 2007 at 15:38:01 +1100, Peter D. wrote:
> > On Friday 12 January 2007 10:35, hermann pitton wrote:
> >
> > [snip]
> >> That might depend on if your au-Adelaide (?) initial scan file is
> >> already tda10046 safe. It needs correct values. Other frontends are more
> >> tolerant and this can break it for you.
> >
> > I forgot about that.  I have two tuner cards and they differ in their
> > capabilities when presented with wrong configuration files.  Be warned that
> > there are many places that such a config file can be lurking - especially
> > if you are playing with multiple applications.
> >
> > I'm in Melbourne if you are interested in my configuration of Kaffeine.
> I'd certainly be interested in what differences you have in the
> configuration file.
> > Do you want any information about the remote?
> I'd certainly be interested.
> This card (if it's the one I'm thinking of) looks like being the
> cheapest locally available DVB-T card, so it would be nice to get good
> support for it.

Hi Greg,

so many questions. It is about the au-Adelaide in dvp-apps scan/dvb-t.
And it is all in the first place about tda10046.

Something to read at first.

Please look through what Peter had already on feedback in Sept. 2006.

There have been also investigations/discussions about that offset issue
on the video4linux-list.

Note the DVB-T : +166 kHz Magic or Official in France ? thread.

Are you still searching Composite and S-Video on your DVICO ?

Likely a similar issue and might be easy to resolve.