[linux-dvb] MSI TV @nywhere a/d support

hermann pitton hermann-pitton at arcor.de
Sat Jan 13 17:42:54 CET 2007

Am Samstag, den 13.01.2007, 15:24 +1100 schrieb Peter D.:
> On Saturday 13 January 2007 10:18, hermann pitton wrote:
> > Am Freitag, den 12.01.2007, 23:55 +0100 schrieb Peter Missel:
> > > Hi all!
> > >
> > > Guys, before anyone scratches a hole into their head: The MSI
> > > TV at nywhere A/D is the LifeView FlyDVB-T Hybrid. Remote support, as far
> > > as I know, is identical to the FlyDVB-Trio - keydown on GPIO18 (as I
> > > discovered originally), and keycode fetch through I2C. Code for this
> > > has recently been implemented, as far as I follow things.
> > >
> > > Of course the remote is also the one LifeView supplies. I added its
> > > definition quite a while ago, when I worked on the Trio.
> > >
> > > Which reminds me - can we call I2C code from the saa7134 IRQ handler
> > > yet?
> > >
> > > regards,
> > > Peter
> >
> > Hi Peter,
> >
> > really had you in mind when I posted over, but not that exact chip
> > anymore.
> >
> > Yes, there it sits on the TRIO and grins ;)
> >
> > Not yet I think.
> [snip]
>
> Does all of this mean that the remote; should work, can't possibly work, or
> needs to be configured properly?

argh, second time now I forgot about the PIC,
but until today it has no single hit in the bttv-gallery and is on so
many cards. Peter gave all necessary info on the video4linux-list and
points since ages that the MSI is a LifeView clone.

It means the remote works, but the patch for the TRIO uses polling
currently and is not yet in the master repository.

The chip is expected to be a pic16c505 at 0xb. Patch is here.

http://www.spinics.net/lists/vfl/msg29862.html

Eddi De Pieri's patch is partly based on Henry Wong's code for the MSI
TV at nywhere Plus remote with KS003. The current plan is to get at first
that code in through the Kworld ATSC-110 Dwaine Garden is working on.
One remaining issue is to try to get the ir chip initialization to
saa7134_board_init1 and to make all easily usable for other similar
cards.

We can expect full GNU/Linux support for the card.

Cheers,
Hermann