[linux-dvb] Problems with T² or Kaffeine or /dev/dvb on Ubuntu 6.10

Marc marcsje at fulladsl.be
Tue Jan 16 22:36:04 CET 2007

I installed a Fedora 6 as test, and that worked after installing xine,
now on my standard ubuntu, I have lots of problems...

I have installed the v4l drivers like it is explained on linuxtv.org
(and rebooted)

As root

# kaffeine
X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 166
  Major opcode:  144
  Minor opcode:  3
  Resource id:  0x0
Failed to open device
X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 166
  Major opcode:  144
  Minor opcode:  3
  Resource id:  0x0
Failed to open device
ERROR: Communication problem with kaffeine, it probably crashed.
root at ubuntu:~/Desktop/flash-player-plugin-9.0.21.78# ps
  PID TTY          TIME CMD
 5254 pts/0    00:00:00 bash
 5271 pts/0    00:00:00 kaffeine
 5272 pts/0    00:00:00 ps
root at ubuntu:~/Desktop/flash-player-plugin-9.0.21.78# kill -9 5271

As user:
kaffeine
X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 166
  Major opcode:  144
  Minor opcode:  3
  Resource id:  0x0
Failed to open device
X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 166
  Major opcode:  144
  Minor opcode:  3
  Resource id:  0x0
Failed to open device
/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 : opened ( TerraTec/qanu USB2.0 Highspeed
DVB-T Receiver )
/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend1 : : No such file or directory
/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0 : : No such file or directory
QLayout "unnamed" added to QWidget "unnamed", which already has a layout
marc at ubuntu:~/development/kaffeine-0.8.3$ DvbCam::probe():
/dev/dvb/adapter0/ca0: : No such file or directory
Using DVB device 0:0 "TerraTec/qanu USB2.0 Highspeed DVB-T Receiver"
tuning DVB-T to 402000000 Hz
inv:2 bw:0 fecH:9 fecL:9 mod:6 tm:2 gi:4 hier:4
Not able to lock to the signal on the given frequency
Frontend closed
dvbsi: Cant tune DVB
Using DVB device 0:0 "TerraTec/qanu USB2.0 Highspeed DVB-T Receiver"
tuning DVB-T to 410000000 Hz
inv:2 bw:0 fecH:9 fecL:9 mod:6 tm:2 gi:4 hier:4
Not able to lock to the signal on the given frequency
Frontend closed
dvbsi: Cant tune DVB
Using DVB device 0:0 "TerraTec/qanu USB2.0 Highspeed DVB-T Receiver"
tuning DVB-T to 418000000 Hz
inv:2 bw:0 fecH:9 fecL:9 mod:6 tm:2 gi:4 hier:4
Not able to lock to the signal on the given frequency
Frontend closed
dvbsi: Cant tune DVB

The Cant Tune is a bit weird, as I see different signal levels like 21%,
68%, ...  But under fedora6, the light was on on the USBdvbt box...

What can I do ??

And what with:
/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend1 : : No such file or directory
/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0 : : No such file or directory

Thanks,
Marc