{MCP?} [linux-dvb] LifeView FlyDVB-T using saa7134 - "tuning failed"

David Stevenson david.stevenson at dgssoftware.co.uk
Thu Jan 18 10:52:31 CET 2007

----- "Will Colwyn" <will at watergate-tech.com> wrote:
> David Stevenson wrote:
> > ----- "Will Colwyn" <will at watergate-tech.com> wrote:

> > <snip>
> >
> >>Looks like the initial scan file for Mendip is wrong.  The frequency
>
> >>/should/ be 778167000. (Mux1 is on channel 59+ according to the DTG
> >>website)
> >>

> > I tried this, thanks for the info. It still fails to tune. After you
> mentioned the DTG, I found the website and had a look. I assume there
> is some magic calculation as I do not see how you extrapolated
> 778167000 from the figures in their table ;-)
>
> Frequency = 306+(channel*8) MHz, with possibly +/- 167KHz offset
>
> > Here is the line from my new uk-Mendip file:
> >
> > T 778167000 8MHz 2/3 NONE QAM16 2k 1/32 NONE
> >

> Try
>
> T 778167000 8MHz 3/4 NONE QAM16 2k 1/32 NONE

This lists (in particular Will) was enough to point me in the right direction and get a working DVB setup after days of searching.

I found it real difficult to find this information on the web so I have put my altered uk-Mendip config file on my web server and submitted it to Google in the hope it helps others in my region find information.

 http://www.dgssoftware.co.uk/uk-Mendip

Quid pro quo!
David.