[linux-dvb] Re: Unbranded USB DVB device afatech af9005

Zsolt arris at gmx.net
Sat Jan 20 10:23:04 CET 2007

Am Donnerstag, 18. Januar 2007 13:41 schrieb Andrew Leech:
> My biggest stumbling block at the moment is the firmware file. How did
> you know where to extract the firmware from (af9005.fw &
> af9005-script.h)? Was it simply through the documentation you were
> given, or was it through windows snooping?

usbsnoop on windows dont log all data, the best way is vmware and some tuning
in devio.c and then load usbcore with usbfs_snoop=1

attached is a firm transfer for usb id 15a4:9016 (af9015, tuner
mt2060)

this device get commands over ep 0x02 and answer on ep 0x81 and it needs a
stupid urb counter (00-ff and so on)

sample: (..) is the counter value, answer has the same num then command

endpoint=02
transfer_buffer_length=8
actual_length=8
>>>  data: 20 .. 2a 9a 50 00 00 01

usbdev_ioctl: SUBMITURB
bulk urb
submit urb
urb complete
direction=IN

endpoint=01
transfer_buffer_length=255
actual_length=3
<<<  data: .. 00 a0

usbdev_ioctl: SUBMITURB
bulk urb
submit urb
urb complete
direction=OUT

endpoint=02
transfer_buffer_length=8
actual_length=8
>>>  data: 22 .. a1 00 31 00 01 01

usbdev_ioctl: SUBMITURB
bulk urb
submit urb
urb complete
direction=IN

endpoint=01
transfer_buffer_length=255
actual_length=3
<<<  data: .. 00 00

if you just want to use the device until we get a spec sniff the data and
replay it to the device.