[linux-dvb] af9005, remote with lircd

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Sun Jan 21 20:41:45 CET 2007

Hi,

I looked at the other usb drivers and all of them get a decoded key from
the adapter, so they just map the code to a keypress and put it in the
input device.
OTOH the af9005 doesn't decode the ir data, it just gives the length of
the spaces/pulses. I decode them in software (with the codes of the
remote that came with the stick) to do the same that the other drivers
are doing (i.e. emulate a keyboard).
Now I wrote another rather simple module that just passes on the raw
data as a lirc device for lircd to decode, so in theory it should work
with any remote.
It seems to work fairly well (I tried with a lircd.conf that I'm using
with lirc_serial and recording the "stock" remote with irrecord).
The problem is that it needs lirc, which isn't included in the stock
kernel, so I don't know if it can be integrated in the linux-dvb driver.
Comments, opinions?

Bye
--
Luca