[linux-dvb] Re: Unbranded USB DVB device afatech af9005

Andrew Leech andrew at floppyspongeonline.com
Mon Jan 22 02:32:35 CET 2007

Zsolt wrote:
> great to hear about the specs.
>

> if you need a tester for mt2060 based device (same dongle what you can see on
> bttv-gallery site) feel free to send me some code for testing.
>
> zsolt

Quick update - I've got both the specs for the AF9005 and the AF9015
now, with the specs from the older device I'm starting to make sense of
the Luca's driver. Turns out the AF9015, while having some similarities
to the 9005, does have a different configuration sequence and is notably
different. I'd been originally hoping they'd be similar enough to
incorporate the 9015 into the 9005 driver, but now I think I'll be
writing a separate driver, based on the 9005 one.
I am starting to feel confidant I'll  be able to get something going
though, which is a good place to be.

Andrew