[linux-dvb] Pinnacle 250i(?) can someone provide tips for me to create a patch for this?

Dougie McGilvray d.mcgilvray at elec.gla.ac.uk
Mon Jan 22 16:46:58 CET 2007

Hi there.

I just purchased a PCTV PCI card. Being a single tuner card, I believed
it to be a 300i. The only suggestion as to the specific model number is
250i, However, it seems that the card is a clone of the dual tuner card
with an empty space where the other tuner IC should be. The following
output from scanpci seems to support this theory, which shows two
unknown devices which match two of the three devices for the dual tuner
card on the PCI DVB-T wiki page:

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/PCI_devices_DVB-T

I'm hoping it isn't too difficult to add support for this card, I'm
happy to modify and test the code, al long as someone someone can give
some advice of where exactly to start.

Cheers,
Dougie

Two IP's are visible:

1. is labelled WJCE6353 which appears to be the same as a ZL10353 demuxer
2. is labelled as DTV Bridge 0635MP002

root at maximum:~# lspci -vvv
---
00:0c.0 Multimedia controller: Pinnacle Systems Inc. Unknown device 0040
        Subsystem: Pinnacle Systems Inc. Unknown device 0047
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop-
ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-

00:0c.2 Multimedia controller: Pinnacle Systems Inc. Unknown device 0042